Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mermaid Tail

I have been completely engrossed in custom orders lately. My current order is several newborn baby props for a lovely local photographer. She has commissioned some charming items including a mermaid outfit. Since it is unlike anything I have ever made before, I, of course, decided to make it last. Well, this little mermaid tail almost beat me. Each time I thought I had it figured out, I would stop to look at what I had crafted in utter disappointment, rip out all the stitches, and formulate a new plan. I had to restart it 8 times. But, I finally came up with a pattern that invokes the movement of the ocean and whimsy of the mystical sea creature. I completed the delightful little mermaid outfit last night and I am quite pleased with how it turned out! Take a look!


Take pride in everything you do and never settle for anything less than the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment